toronto, ON, Canada
Number of Views
13 Sep 2012
NOTE: No model/property release on file for this clip; may be suitablefor editorial (news and documentary) usage only.
the village or town of york is the oldest part of toronto. it was laid out on orders of col. john graves simcoe, first lieutenant governor of upper canada, in 1793. the streets and blocks are still there; square blocks along king street, between jarvis and berkeley streets and between adelaide and front streets. king, george, frederick, and princess streets still have their old names. because of the clay soil and little or no maintenance, these street were frequently in poor shape and the town got the nickname of muddy york. this is now a downtown area with much history, and interesting developments. the site of the second and third parliament buildings in upper canada can be found as well as early schools...
More From Artist