Stock Photos

Custom House

by sjeacle

Additional Information

Photo ID#
18099456
Model Released
Property Released
Number of Views
1
Date Uploaded
2 Jan 2013
Date Created
 

Description

Custom House on the Quays in Dublin. A neoclassical 18th century building which now houses the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. It is located on the north bank of the River Liffey, on Custom House Quay between Butt Bridge and Talbot Memorial Bridge. It was designed by James Gandon to act as the new custom house for Dublin Port. When it was completed in 1791, it cost �200,000 to build � a huge sum at the time. The four facades of the building are decorated with coats-of-arms and ornamental sculptures representing Ireland's rivers.

Keywords

Discussion

Facebook Comments Pond5 Comments
Post Comment
Add to Cart
All prices are in USD.
Rating
0
Downloads
More From Artist
LOADING...